For 100-500 gold, you're able to take the name of a player who has been inactive for more than (farming level x crafting level/4) it could cap at a min of 6 months & top off at 6.7 years for someone who maxed both skills.

To Counter Stealing:
Spend 100-1000 gold and eternalize your name. Locking it so players can never steal it, like in the event life cir-blam!-stances bar you from coming back.

Submitted on Aug 25th 2026 by Mub

Comments

I like the idea of min 6 months, max around 7 years for someone who has maxed both skills. As 7 years of departure is more than sufficient for that player to not return anytime. (or ever.)

That being said, I think it should not have to cost any gold (or lesser gold) to want to have an ideal name.
Provided that player should be inactive for 2-5 years.

Similarly, to protect our name, I really dont think we should spend alot just to protect our name.
I guess a fee of 10g is reasonable be it wanting to change or to lock our names in.

Submitted on Aug 25th 2026 by -Elvira-

I think the only issue with that is returning players who have there name "stolen" as it may make them leave again. If that makes sense. But I do agree after like 2 years but I think there should be a email or something with that warning.

Submitted on Aug 25th 2026 by Jasmine539

I don’t really like this one. I fully support this in MMOs where there are a LOT of players and people just sit on cool names but FarmRPG is more of a tight-knit community and I see this causing some confusion and upset.

I know of at least one player that passed away and was immortalized as a super rare item (Poseidon), there are likely others and there would need to be a lot of one-off lockouts. Plus prior staff members, notable community members, library page contributors, etc…

Submitted on Aug 26th 2026 by CherryColaCryptid

I agree with cherrycolacryptid on this one as I didnt think of that at first.

Submitted on Aug 26th 2026 by Jasmine539

I didn't think about these issues & they're totally valid. All I wanted, was to name steal from a lvl58 player who hasn't logged in for 525days. He barely played, has had 0 community impact, & took a name that someone who might roleplay the character, or dedicate themselves to immortalizing the name like the previously mentioned "Posiedon".

I have 2 easy solutions:

- There could be a one time catchup before the update. Where staff, patreon supports, & long time community get together to eternalize/immortalize a list of agreed players. This would maybe only hurt the forgotten which would only push a minor section of the community away.

- Or the staff could look at the player base averages to decide on a max level before a name can't be stolen. For example, maybe most players don't have all skills maxed & that would be a bad meter, but maybe some house brewed formula could decide something like, crafting + farming + mining × 2.5, is a good spot.

Of course not every update is to be liked by everyone & it might drive a few off. But I believe it'd help the game grow, and bring in more players than it would push away. I've used the selling point of "Come grab a cool username and play this game with me." to get friends & family to play other games. So, I'm not even sure if we should be seeing them as issues, but more as steps that need to be made during the update.

I was aiming more for the general idea to get out there & to let the staff/devs decide the final details like cost, actual workings, or caps. I appreciate all the feedback either way. I'm still very new to the game & need the outside perspectives!

Submitted on Aug 27th 2026 by Mub

I came back to the game after 3 years and I would probably have never come back to playing if my name was stolen

Submitted on Aug 28th 2026 by Erisere

Register or Login to comment on this.