The current trade 'system' is absolutely terrible, as evidenced by how few people participate in trade chat compared to the number of players online - it's the exact same names in there every day. Trade chat is essentially chucking everyone into a room and seeing who can shout the loudest in order to make the best trades. It's also surprisingly common for literally zero trade offers to be visible in chat at any given time due to players thanking each other and tagging others to accept a trade, and the amount of time and effort it takes to find a willing trade partner is so high that I'm sure the majority of players completely ignore this part of the game.

One idea I've had is for players to be able to send items into a system and specify what they want out of the trade e.g. send in 30 orange juice and request 1500 rope. This would keep the current mailbox system in place while also reducing the barrier to entry for trading. Ultimately, constantly refreshing trade chat just to be the first to tag someone offering a good trade, or spamming the same message for hours on end hoping someone is interested in trading a particular item don't scream 'good gameplay' to me, so anything would be better than nothing...

Submitted on Apr 9th 2024 by ab

Comments

We agree, it's just a matter of coming up with the correct system and making it work with all of FRPG's systems. Finding a better system for trading is on our long-term goals but it's not the current focus of 2024.

Submitted on Apr 9th 2024 by Forcepath

Same improvement submitted days ago, I hope that one day they'll change this trading system

Submitted on Apr 11th 2024 by Axl47

Register or Login to comment on this.