More interactive pets! They're called pets yet we only pay attention to them once a day/week to collect the items they've brought for us. They're kind enough to get us rare treasures everyday yet we do not appreciate them enough. My suggestion is to turn your pets into personal townsfolk with the same mechanics. You can donate items to level up Pet Friendship XP, pets can have loved, liked or hated items similarly and every 10 or 20 friendship levels they can reward you with a permanent upgrade such as +X% chance of getting more of the same item the specific pet brings from the wild every 1/4/8/12 hours. This can create an incentive to implement items players usually hoard and have no use for as well as rewarding them with a slightly higher amount of pet exclusive items if the pets friendship XP is high enough :)

Submitted on Mar 26th 2024 by APatts

Comments

this is the last thing i would think of for a pet update

Submitted on Mar 26th 2024 by Fax Machine

it would be nice to have it though

Submitted on Mar 26th 2024 by Fax Machine

I think upgrading the way we interact with pets is a great idea! I feel bad for how they're constantly forgotten about, or how people get frustrated about how the pets don't bring the *one* item they're hoping for.
I think the revamp idea you have is good, but it may be a bit overwhelming at the same time. A smaller change to get the same idea could be to have each pet assigned a typically voided item that they love! It could possibly work a bit like the temples with the whole increasing demand thing, but each level gives a slightly better boost.
Boost ideas (including yours and mine):
Pet Friendship XP, X% boost to bring specific items (no choice, but most likely the items unlocked at lvl 3), X% boost to bring in a specific item of your choice, boost for how many items in general they bring per hour, or a boost for how often they bring items (like a % chance to get items at the half hour as well as the hour!)

Submitted on Mar 26th 2024 by HolyCowie

Agree with both of you. In my excitement I forgot the main part that it would unnecessarily complicate things. Ultimately I just want more interaction with our very own pets. We name them, they get us treasures yet we barely interact with them outside of item collection it feels rude towards them :(

A tiny incentive to make players just access the pet page a couple more times during the day is all I hope for so we can shower all our furry friends with love and thanks for working so hard for us (except the Penguin xD)

Submitted on Mar 26th 2024 by APatts

Register or Login to comment on this.