I play Farm RPG primarily on web (hoping and praying for the Steam release soon...), and since computer screens come in all sorts of shapes and sizes, I think it would be cool to edit the size of certain elements on screen. This would primarily be used to adjust chat size, taking away real estate from the main gameplay tab to increase the width and/or font size of the chat tab. The game is already programmed to work on mobile, so I don't think there would be too much friction in decreasing the size of the main gameplay tab. You could also increase/decrease the size of the navigation tab, which adds another option to customize your own experience, which I think is really important.
While the above suggestion shouldn't cause too much headache to implement, another idea that would need a LOT of back-end work to complete is having multiple gameplay tabs open at the same time, with up to three mobile-sized tabs all open in different sections of the game. For example, maybe one tab is in the Workshop, another tab is exploring Highland Hills, and the other is in Buddy's mailbox. You could explore until your inventory is full, then without having to navigate through menus, craft items with the new Wood, Stone, Feathers, etc., mail Buddy the Purple Flowers you've collected, then go right back to exploring. This would work in tandem with the first feature I suggested in this post, where you could resize each individual tab to your liking. It again adds a TON of customization for players, and would be a really sick feature.
This system raises a lot of issues however, one of which would be the amount of resources put onto the web browser. This could easily be remedied by having this feature only exist on the upcoming Steam release, however the main issue regarding this change would be updating all the tabs in real time. It could work similar to how chat updates, where it's not in true real time and instead updates every few seconds, however this isn't an ideal solution. I'm also concerned on how the server would handle multiple different requests at the same time, as it might end up deleting/duplicating items. It's a really complicated issue that will require a blam!-ton of work and testing, and it's probably way too much work for a change that would only effect a minority of the player base, but I think it's worth looking into.
Whether or not the latter change is even possible, I hope the former suggestion can be implemented, and that the idea of multiple tabs running at the same time is looked into :3. Thanks for reading!

Submitted on Mar 24th 2024 by Randomfire10

Comments

Register or Login to comment on this.